Wednesday, 5 November 2008

DA NALE FILE: NAIL VARNISH REVIEW- RIMMEL




Hey! I usually have my nails done up in acrylics, but since my last visit the acrylics have literally murdered my nails. I’ve decided to try and grow out my natural nails by getting regular manicures and trying out different nail varnishes.
This is my quick but informative review on Rimmel 60 seconds. Unfortunately I don’t have a swatch but hopefully the info I do have will be of some help.

So far I have tried a few and my most recent was the Rimmel 60 second nail varnish.


NAME: Rimmel 60 second
COLOUR: Rapid Ruby 320
WHAT IT PROMISES TO DO: 60 seconds
TEXTURE: good, spreads evenly. 2 coats give a good finish.
SHINE: very good.
HOW LONG DID IT LAST: 1 day!!!! Before it started to chip! And that’s without doing any washing up etc… Ridiculous!
OUT OF 10: 2/10
OVERALL REVIEW- looks nice, dries really quickly but last less than 24 hours! Not good.


Ok so my next “victim” was the Rimmel wear Maxx Nail Polish.
So far I have tried a few and my most recent was the Rimmel 60 second nail varnish



NAME: Rimmel wear Maxx (centre)
COLOUR: Electric 397
WHAT IT PROMISES TO DO: give great shiny colour, that goes on smooth and lasts for 10 days!
TEXTURE: very smooth, a little sheer at first but buildable. 2 coats gives a great finish.
SHINE: very good. The colour really complemented my skin tone
HOW LONG DID IT LAST: 2 days then the chipping began! (Again this is without doing any washing up etc…) very disappointed!
OUT OF 10: 1/10
OVERALL REVIEW- Great colour, smooth and shiny, but does not do what it says on the bottle. I gave it a lower mark because it did not deliver the 10 days. If you are going out and want to have a different colour just for that night then get this. If you want colour that lasts, pass it by!

And finally with Rimmel I tried; the “I love Lasting Finish” range
NAME: I love Lasting Finish
COLOUR: Tangerine Queen 050
WHAT IT PROMISES TO DO: be hardwearing, chip resistant and long lasting
TEXTURE: very smooth and creamy. 2 coats gave a great finish.
SHINE: ok. It was more of a matte colour but I liked it. It was the first time I had tried a bright colour on my nails.
HOW LONG DID IT LAST: 1 day! Again the chipping came!
OUT OF 10: 1/10
OVERALL REVIEW: the colour was really unfortunately I didn’t enjoy it for long.

My overall opinion on Rimmel: a bunch of chipping fools! Lol… I wont be buying any more of their polishes, I might ebay the ones I have cause I refuse to use them again!


1 comment:

Caroline said...

I agree that the Rimmel 60 second nail varnish isn't fantastic, I have used it once and wasn't impressed with the results.

I did find some nice shades on a website called nails inc though, that were inspired by the London fashion week. I was quite happy with overall quality and look.